Acupuncture is the use of extremely fine, hair-thin needles to stimulate pressure points located on the body which have been found by the ancient East Asian masters to treat pain and illness. In recent years, modern medical research has confirmed the existence and usefulness of these points, and the World Health Organization now recognizes acupuncture as invaluable in managing over 100 common disorders covering every system of the body, including but not limited to:
- musculoskeletal pain and degeneration
- neurological disorders, from migraines and mood disorders to drug/alcohol detoxification
- endocrine/hormonal conditions, including diabetes and thyroid and adrenal dysfunction
- IBS, constipation, gallstones, and other digestive issues
- immune weaknesses such as allergies as well as cancer support through chemotherapy and radiation
- cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and a wide range of blood disorders
- respiratory difficulties as in asthma and COPD, and can also help you quit smoking
- skin rashes, acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- urinary infections and all sorts of kidney disease, as well as aiding in the passage of kidney stones
- women's and men's reproductive concerns throughout the lifecycle, from PMS to menopause, endometriosis, prostatitis, and improving male and female fertility to increase success of (or even eliminate the need for) ART/IVF!
Our acupuncturists practice a unique combination of Japanese and Classical Chinese acupuncture to provide you with the best care, tailor-made to your individual condition.