Have you had a great experience here at Ohana Wellness? If so, tell the public about it by visiting our feedback page on yelp.com! We encourage you to leave your remarks for new clients interested in similar services or offer suggestions on how we can improve our business for you, our valuable clients! (Thank you to those who have already written comments!)
- "My experience with Saya Raine Barkdoll has been transformational. With each session I remember what it is like to feel truly at ease and at home in my body. To me, this is the essence of great healing work--when one is reminded of a state of being that they might have forgotten. Saya's peaceful nature and brilliant spirit shine through in her work. Best massage I've ever had, hands down!"
- "Saya Raine's massage therapy has helped my physical and mental wellness beyond my best expectations. Her professionalism shines through with her finding all the problem and stress relieving points in my body. It's her experience that sets her above all others in her field. My life has been so much better since I started weekly sessions for peace of mind and over all relaxation. My recommendation to any one; TRY IT! I am sure you will feel as I do."
- "I have been suffering with chronic debilitating cervical-thoracic-lumbar muscular spasms and pain which has been very resistant to therapy until I met Saya Raine Barkdoll, RMP of HEALING HANDS, LLC. Prior to our meeting/introduction I was becoming increasingly frustrated with my multiple attempts to find a consistent, diligent therapist who was capable to accomplish the unraveling of my muscle knots.
Saya was highly recommended to me by another excellent massage therapist who raved about her outstanding work. My initial treatment with Saya far exceeded my expectations. It was SUPERB! Her office and surroundings are peaceful and quiet. She is thorough, dependable, pleasant and always professional. Her personality exudes serenity perfect for healing of body and mind. She approaches my treatment every time with renewed strength and resolve to deliver only the most effective therapy.
Saya rises to the challenge of my contorted body due to fibrotic muscle spasms reducing my pain and aiding in healing. I am grateful to have made her acquaintance and consider myself lucky to be her client."
Satisfied and healing patient
- A car accident in November 2007 left me with whiplash injuries to my shoulder and neck, including disk herniation at C5-C6 in my cervical spine. These injuries had a significant impact on my day-to-day life. I was no longer able to exercise, which I was used to doing 3-4 times a week, including weekly yoga classes. Even simple tasks such as driving a car, washing dishes, or sitting on the couch to watch TV caused me pain and discomfort.
For the next 5 months I continued to see orthopedic doctors and attended physical therapy sessions twice a week. In addition to physical therapy I tried different pain medicines, acupuncture, and even had my work station modified to make it ergonomically correct to accommodate my injuries. Nothing was alleviating my pain or helping me get back to my pre-accident physical condition and it was recommended surgery that I have surgery. I started seeing Saya in April after my doctor suggested massage therapy, and I immediately began to feel a difference. The soreness in my back, neck and shoulder decreased and I began to feel less tension and stiffness after her sessions. Of all the treatments I tried massage therapy has by far offered the most relief, and more importantly, has given me hope that if I continue to see Saya I will be able to return to my pre-accident activity level, and my yoga classes!"
- "My husband and I were recently blessed with the birth of our first son. We were lucky enough to have Saya attend the labor and birth as part of her training to become certified as a Doula. Being that this was our first child, we didn't really know what to expect going into the labor. We were very excited on Sunday morning when contractions began. The excitement had worn off somewhat by Monday morning when Saya, along with the Doula that she was shadowing, arrived at our house. As soon as we met Saya we knew that she was going to be a calming influence on us throughout the day.
She immediately began massaging me, which allowed me to finally get some much needed rest. By late afternoon we were at the hospital and that's when the fun really began! By then the contractions were getting to be quite intense, and I hadn't really slept in about 36 hours. Saya was so wonderful and kind to massage my back and legs while I rested. Before that point I was ready to give up, but afterwards I felt rejuvenated and ready to continue! Throughout the rest of the labor and delivery Saya lent a very positive and supportive energy to the room. With her help and hours of massage I was able to deliver our son naturally without medication after an extremely long and tiring labor. I can't say enough good things about Saya as a massage therapist and a Doula. My husband and I both highly recommend her services!"
Teresa and Travis
Silver Spring, MD
- "I was lucky enough to meet Saya a few years ago, while still quite sick with an autoimmune disease. I have also had a few car accidents, severe TMJ and and until recently, two top vertebrae that were out of place. I require a massage therapist with very strong hands, who knows how soothing I find the deep work. It is very important for me to see someone who understands what an effort it can be just to get to one appointment. Saya is that person. While she will go as deeply as I need, she also possesses a gentle touch, and her demeanor is that of a true healer. She always takes the time to understand my physical status. Saya exudes tranquility and empathy, and one can't help but feel less stressed and closer to healed in her presence. Saya is a lovely soul, who is doing wonders to help me on my journey toward a pain-free existence."
- "Saya and Healing Hands are a must on your calendars. The name of her business helps you understand her practice but you just can't imagine a massage can be THAT good until you go to Saya at Healing Hands. I never thought a massage could be bad but after Saya, you realize everything else is mediocre. The first time I went to Saya was as a gift and she actually took the time to talk to me for several minutes to understand what my body's needs were and she tailored her practice to what she knew and discovered about my body. So I didn't just get any old service off the menu, I got a therapist in every sense of the word. After my massage, she took time to explain some knots and pressure points she felt and helped me understand how I can do a few exercises to reduce the knotting. Anyway, Saya is now my go-to LMT as well as my new favorite gift to my friends and family. I can't say enough because she really tailors to each client's individual needs, but from someone who has had many a massage, you owe yourself at least a first visit to Saya at Healing Hands in Bethesda."
- "I have to start by saying just one massage with Saya & your life is changed, She is really a miracle worker, Saya has a healing presence that allows clients to melt on the table. The phrase "massage therapy" does not do justice to the sessions I have had with Saya. These are like no other massages that I have ever had -- she's the MUSCLE WHISPERER. I swear, she somehow communicates with my body in a way that I've never experienced with any other massage therapist that I have encountered in my 15 years worth of getting professional massages in the United States & Internationally.
She has amazing knowledge of the body and a diverse set of skills to address a huge range of issues, from serious injuries to a nurturing massage. I have received bodywork from Saya on many occasions even during my recent pregnancy. She has consistently made me feel more connected with my body. When one is looking for a release with tension in this stressful world I would highly recommend Saya @ Healing Hands. She is intuitive & very talented tailoring her massage to my individual needs each session, truly an artist with her hands. When I leave my session with Saya I feel I have been on a Mini Vacation. There is this magic about Saya that helps one to escape to a peaceful place no matter how much pain and agony ones body is in. I lead a very stressful high energy life as a hairstylist & having traveled tons on many a plane, train & automobile over the years, we all know what kind of stress that can do to our body day in & out not to mention our spirits.
- "Saya sits down with you prior to each service in her quaint room with delightful aromas and soothing music to get to know you. She really listens. She listens to what you have to say before the massage about where your body is tense & painful, more importantly during the massage she really seems to listen to your body & knows how to release places of tension which you weren't even aware were there. I feel completely comfortable communicating with her during the massage & continue to be extremely pleased with how well she adjusts her work according to my feedback. She has the strength & technique, to get into the deep tissues that I continue to overexert in my day-to-day efforts as a full- time working mother of 2. She is able to translate what I request into a massage that I want & need to get. There is this energy about Saya that is contagious . I feel so rejuvenated & ready to take on the rest of my week.
She even shows me some exercises to try at home so that I reduce the tension from standing all day!"
- "She is the perfect massage therapist I have been searching for all these years. I've found that Healing Hands Massage with Saya is a must in my life, I can't imagine going anywhere else. She is a genius, what can I say. If you want some top-notch bodywork she is it. My only complaint is that there is never enough time to fit Saya in my weekly MUST HAVES."
- "The best GIFT to give YOURSELF or a LOVED one is a 90-minute massage with SAYA weekly."
- "The reservations system online is sweet for those who have limited time to get to the phone during working hours, the location is easy to get to & find... The price tag of Saya is very affordable & worth every penny. She is a genius, what can I say. Wish I could give her six stars really. Read all the other reviews & you'll see she does it all. All I know is she does it for me - the woman is a miracle worker. Can't recommend her enough. Saya ROCKS"
Blogs written about Saya: